A VOICE FOR AMERICA'S YOUTH
To provide a Voice and Forum for America's Youth to be heard
and to empower our young people in making meaningful contributions
in making a better world.
"The Kidz America show is intended to facilitate the development of an informed, citywide and nationwide consensus on the issues of the day and to become the public forum of choice for our cities across America."
Gary Goldman, President/Founder, Kidzamerica
The program will be a fully interactive process in which students identify issues which are important to them. The emphasis will be on generating promising solutions. We will involve adult community stakeholders in passionate and candid dialogues, representing education, healthcare, business, social service, criminal justice, and religious community. The facilitators will engage the participants in a "Town Hall" style and use individual, small and large group dialogue and exercises to empower the youth and the viewing audience. It is intended to "capture the heart and spirit' of our American youth.
- Youth will finally feel they have a voice and have a way of being heard
- To educate adults to how our children can contribute in meaningful ways to society
- Positive youth values will be highlighted
- Show will be telecast throughout communities whereby other students and adults will be able to learn about issues, give input, and evaluate the program
- We will role model a "new paradigm" for schools and communities across the nation that includes youth as problem-solvers and leaders in improving our communities